Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fountainhead - Ayn Rand

I'm definitely a latecomer to this book - most people having read this in their freshman years and there is little that I can write about it which hasn't been written before. This 700 page novel is one of the most engrossing and intellectually possessing books I've read thus far. Ayn Rand does a great job at building an almost mythical cast of characters which display amazing strength, courage and commitment. It definitely has me wanting to pick up some of the traits of Howard Roark :)

Man's ego is the fountainhead of human progress.

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home